Are we a Florida insurance agency whose employees love to fish, or a group of anglers who happen to sell insurance? During the spring, it’s hard to tell which is more accurate! Many of us here at W3 insurance love the salt life. It makes sense: our office in downtown St. Petersburg overlooks the bay, so we’re just a stroll away from dropping a line.
For those of you who get competitive with your catch, we’re sharing some of our favorite local fishing tournaments on the spring calendar. Here are some upcoming events. Best of luck!
Fishing Tournaments Around Tampa Bay
It’s worth mentioning that many of the below tournaments are affiliated in some way with the Old Salt Fishing Foundation, a nonprofit that’s all about fishing and giving back to the community. Annually, they operate fishing seminars, competitive fishing tournaments, youth/family fishing events, and an ongoing youth angler program. Participants number in the thousands, and each year the “Old Salts” donate to regional charities.
See complete schedule and registration details at https://oldsaltfishing.org/. There, you’ll find further information about the following events and more.
- Spring Seawall Tournament, March 12
- 26th Annual King of the Beach, May 2–4
- Old Salt Kids Fishing Slam, May 3
- 31st Annual Old Salt Ladies Fishing Tournament, June 20 and 22. You can see the wife of our W3 Insurance employee Doug Moore on their advertising banner!
- 48th Annual Loop Billfish Tournament, August 20–24
- Rough Riders Charity Fishing Tournament, June 8. Endorsed by Old Salt; visit tamparoughriders.org for more information. An exciting addition to this year’s event is a tournament social hosted by 3 Daughters Brewing.
For bass aficionados, St. Pete Pro Bass is a favorite. The organization hosts monthly competitions that allow participants to experience different hotspots for bass fishing. Some upcoming highlights include:
- Lake Tarpon, Anderson Park, March 23
- West Lake Toho, South Port, April 27
- Kissimmee, Colemans Landing, May 18
You can see the complete schedule and registration details at http://stpeteprobass.com.
Before you set sail, check your coverage.
Don’t head out on the water, whether to a tournament or a casual day spent fishing, without talking with our expert Florida insurance advisors about versatile coverage options tailored to meet your needs. Our marine division handles a wide variety of insurance requirements, from dinghies to gorgeous Hatteras yachts. We offer protection on the water and off to give our clients a win in protection, even if they don’t pull in “the big one.”